I had the privilege of dropping some knowledge on the 2017 graduating class of The Choose Life DEEP Bible Training Center this past week. Forrest Gump reminded the world that, “Life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you get.” I never approach life from the Forrest Gump perspective. According to the word of God, we get what the word says is ours.
In the book of life, Romans the 12th chapter reminds us that we are changed by the renewal of our minds. Having the right thoughts and thinking in line with God’s words, helps to keep you and I on the road to success.
Here are The Best Steps Toward your path to success:
- preparation. Preparation time is never wasted time. In farming, laying the ground work is one of the most important parts of the process. Prepare early.
- Persistence. Someone called persistence, “The iron quality of success.” Galatians 6:9 the message translation says, “we will harvest a good crop if we don’t give up or quit.”
- Right thinking. Leadership requires mental reconditioning. We must THINK in line with the principles that make us strong. The Psalmist David said, “Thy word is a light unto my path.”
- Right talking. Proverbs 6:2 says we are snared by the words of our mouths. In other words, watch negative talk. The word snare means, a noose for small game. Our words can be considered to be a small thing, but what a big impact they have on our destiny.
- Make a commitment to grow daily. Remember, we grow daily not in a day. King David once again said, “I will sing so I can daily perform my vows.” And growing is a daily commitment to change what I am doing.
- Stay humble. The road to success involves the perspective of helping others. Zig Ziglar placed this nugget on the road to success: “You can have anything in life you want if you help enough people get what they want.” Humility is simply measuring yourself against a higher nature.
- Use whatever gifts you have to serve others. “Service is the rent we pay for our room here on earth. Man is a traveler, and the purpose of life is not to have and hold but to give and to share.” I Tim.4:12 (TLB) Keep a close watch on all you do and think. Stay true to what is right and God will bless you and use you to help others.
Congratulations to all of you who have just had a commencement moment or graduation. This commencement will start a new chapter in your life, to serve your fellow man, to help others win, and to leave a mark that cannot be erased.
Keep standing on the Rock!!